Monday 20 June 2011

McQueen the King



S/S 2011

S/S 2011

S/S 2011

S/S 2011

S/S 2011

A/W 2011

A/W 2011


A/W 2011


A/W 2011




McQueen knew how to construct a garment made of different colours, materials and patterns without it looking forceful and odd. He managed to incorporate chains, whips and spikes with chiffon, silk and plumes, AND make it work... now any designer/person who is able to do that earns a huge amount of respect in my book and that’s why McQueen is undoubtedly my favourite designer.
His latest collections, designed by Sarah Burton, were some of the best shows this season. I am in awe of the S/S 2011 and A/W 2011 collections and anyone who hasnt seen them should definately head to YouTube right now and see what i'm talking about. I love the build up and suspense of the collections that lead to his finale pieces, and the impact it has on you after. McQueen, you are my god.
Blanks&Belle

No comments: